Slideshow

Friday, September 21, 2012

Dave | Home : Jacksonville Military Photography Homecoming

Oh how I love homecomings! I wish I had the time to do more. They are perhaps one of my all time favorite things to shoot, and I am always 100% honored when families ask me to be with them on their special day to capture all these happy memories!!

K and I have been friends for a few years. We actually met online, which is where I seem to meet all the cool people, ha. She contacted me a few months back because her husband was deployed and she wanted to make sure she had someone with her to photograph his homecoming, because its his final one. Yay for being final. So, of course I said yes. We had a few minor bumps along the way as hurricane season seemed to put a damper on the actual date he was supposed to return.

After 2 set backs, the day finally dawned. It was an absolutely gorgeous day. Honestly, it could not have been more perfect. We got to base super early to make sure we got there on time, and what do ya know, we start hearing the horn of them pulling in. So we rush to the meeting place and hang out for a bit, take some photos and wait until the minute that daddy is finally, finally, home!

It was such a great pleasure being there to witness this awesome homecoming! Welcome home Dave. Thank you so much for your service and sacrifices for our country! God Bless!!


 
 
If you are interested in having your homecoming photographed, contact me at amanda@photographybyadennette.com

No comments:

Post a Comment